Turkcell Super League – Update on the Ankaraspor situation
The decision from the PDFK, as I have summarized:
- Ankaraspor will not participate in the 2009-10 Turkcell Super League season as of further notice. They will participate in the 2010-11 Bank Asya First Division.
- All the results of the games that Ankaraspor played against Antalyaspor, Gaziantepspor, Gençlerbirliği, and Galatasaray, along with the games that Ankaraspor would have played for the rest of the year, will be awarded to their opponents as a 3-0 victory. Goals scored, yellow, and red cards awarded will count against the players in the four matches that Ankaraspor did play.
- Ankaraspor will participate in the Fortis Turkish Cup tournament this season.
- The 2009-10 Turkcell Super League season will have two teams relegated and three teams from the Bank Asya First division promoted.
- There will be a special transfer window set up between October 7th and October 22nd to transfer Ankaraspor players. FIFA will be informed of this.
I believe that since Ankaraspor’s matches are going to be null and void, all of the cards and goals should also be null and void. It doesn’t seem fair to me that opponents of the team that got relegated in extreme circumstances still get to keep the statistics in this situation.
As for the table, the current table looks like this: